RSSOwl is a free RSS / RDF / Atom News reader written in Java using SWT as graphic library.
Click To Enlarge!
Do you want to stay updated with the latest RSS news or any media? RSS (“Really Simple Syndication” or “Rich Site Summary”) is a document specification that gives users the power to collect and organize Web-based news and information in a more efficient manner. Applications that collect data from RSS-compliant sites are called RSS readers or “aggregators”. RSSOwl is such an application. It lets you gather, organize, update, and store information from any compliant source in a convenient, easy to use interface, save selected information in various formats for off-line viewing and sharing, and much more.
Why “Owl”? The owl is a traditional symbol of wisdom, and a quiet, efficient hunter. You´ll find RSSOwl´s “big eyes” a big help when scanning the Web´s vast array of RSS resources. Highly Recommended Application.
- High performance and native Look and Feel that uses the operation-system GUI theme
- Great platform support: Use RSSOwl on Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris
- Import/Export news feeds with OPML (Outline Processor Markup Language)
- Generate PDF/RTF/HTML documents from any news
- Use drag and drop to manage your favorites in unlimited nested categories
- Loaded news feeds are automatically stored in an archive to read them while being off-line
- Powerful, integrated News feed search engine
- Perform a full text-search with result-syntax highlight
- Ampheta Rate integration to rate news and receive recommendations
- RSSOwl is highly customizable (set Fonts, Hotkeys, Language,…)
- Display news in the internal browser
- Big Tutorial and FAQ to help you manage your new news reader
- Supported Languages: 26 (English, Russian, Chinese, German and much more)